Making a claim should be simple
Insurance Claim Solutions are independent Loss Assessors. The role of a loss assessor is to ensure that you receive maximum entitlement on your insurance policy. We manage all aspects of your claim, negotiating and dealing directly with your insurance company’s Loss Adjuster to ensure you receive the very best settlement possible.
How does the Loss Assessor process work?
After you have made initial contact with us, we will start by making a no-charge visit to your home or premises to discuss your concerns and assess the damage caused. We will then, write to you by email with a pricing proposal and an outline of how to manage your claim.
The difference between loss assessors and loss adjusters is that loss adjusters work for your insurance company and represent their interests whereas independent loss assessors work for you and represent your interests.
Insurance Claim Solutions are an independent service designed to help you obtain the highest settlement you are entitled to. We are not a complaints or arbitration service. If you believe your insurance company has breached the code of conduct for insurers and financial services as laid out by the FCA, you should contact the Financial Ombudsman Service in writing with a formal complaint.
Insurance Claim Solutions are authorised and regulated by the financial conduct authority.
What does a Loss Assessor do?
The Loss Assessor will also attend the site soon after the claim, to meet you and agree their fee. Once you appoint a loss assessor, it is their role to:
- Survey the damage and help with the home insurance claims process.
- Help with providing a temporary relocation for you, organising clean up, salvage and presenting a report to the insurers on the damage.
- Ensure the claim is submitted within the relevant time limit.
- Negotiate with the insurance company to get you the best contractors for repairs to your home or business.
- Deal with claims that have initially been declined by the insurance company, or are experiencing delays in agreeing a settlement.
- Full handling of your claim on your behalf.
How much will ICS charge to handle my claim?
Many loss assessor firms will claim that their services are free, are on a no win no fee basis or that the charges are built into the claim. As each claim is different, we prefer to be transparent at the beginning of the process. You can find more information about our pricing for different claims on our pricing page.
I am stressed about the insurance process, how can you help?
We understand that you will have looked for assistance for a reason, and we take the time to listen to how we can help you. We believe that if we do not take the time to listen, then we cannot fully understand your concerns and issues with your claim.
Initial call to discuss your claim and see how we can help you
Receive proposal and outline of how to manage your claim
ICS present your claim to achieve maximum settlement
When can I get back into my property?
This is a common worry for many people after they suffer flooding, a fire or a break in. While every case is different, after discussing the details of your case with you we will be able to give an approximation of the time-frame from our extensive experience of similar cases.
Will I harm my claim by using a Loss Assessor?
A loss assessor can only help you claim for what you are legally owed by your insurance company. If your insurance company is trying to persuade you not to use a loss assessor you should ask them why they are opposed to you having equal representation – especially as they will most likely be using the services of a loss adjuster.
Once we have been instructed to manage your insurance claim we can carry out the following:
- Write to you confirming the agreed fee
- Organise emergency cleaning, boarding and security
- Meet with the insurance company representative and/or loss adjuster on your behalf
- Discuss the outline of the claim and other important information with you
- Present a fully quantified claim to your insurers based on your maximum entitlement
- Instruct structural engineers and chartered surveyors as necessary to provide professional advice and specifications of works
- Provide building quotations from our approved contractors
- Negotiate and manage your insurance claim from start to finish
- Offer you the maximum support
- Offer you the best settlement option for your circumstances
By undertaking the above activity, we will be able to provide a personal service for a personal issue. We understand that insurance claims, in particular home insurance claims, can be stressful and emotional to go through and many people do not feel able to do so within the time limit. Let Insurance Claim Solutions handle it for you, taking care of everything from submitting and initial claim, all the way through to the final response. This will allow you to continue with your daily life as much as possible, minimising the need for insurance related stress and worry – even if the insurers are initially rejecting your claim.
When you first notify your claim to your insurers, you expect them to handle your claim efficiently and quickly. You have paid the premium and now you expect a good service at the point of claim You also expect the...
These are a few photos from a fire in Sussex. I am managing their insurance claim, helping them make sense of the devastation they encountered and making sure that the insurers play ball! Mr left the home and put the...
I started in the insurance industry post university and gained an invaluable basic training in insurance claims at Eagle Star (yes a name from the past!). Part of the training was how the policy can be interpreted to provide cover....