Being unable to trade as a result of an insurance claim can be daunting. If trade ceases for a long period of time, customers and contracts may disappear. In a competitive market place, small businesses generally suffer from a loss of business if a commercial claim is prolonged.
As business interruption cover is only based on your business’s accounts, you may potentially never recover your true loss.
How Does A Loss Assessor Help With A Commercial Insurance Claim?
Insurers can take time to investigate a commercial claim using specialist loss adjusters and investigators. Their priority is reducing the insurer’s liability. Our claims team will work quickly to try and secure an interim payment for your business. Early interim payments are essential to keep cash flowing and the business moving.
As loss assessors, ICS have the professional expertise to move your claim forward without unnecessary confrontation. Once cover has been established, we can provide solutions in the short term whilst your business gets back on its feet. We also understand all the details in the business interruption policy. Using that understanding, we provide you with valuable guidance and expertise throughout the insurance claims process.
No matter the circumstances, we've helped business owners of all sizes to get the best settlement possible on their insurance policies. We've dealt with claims for a variety of business interruption scenarios. Due to our years of experience we are not phased by potentially lengthy and complex claims.
Insurance Claims Solutions (ICS) are authorised and regulated by the financial conduct authority. Unlike the insurance company appointed loss adjuster, we represent your interests only and not those of the insurance company.
Looking For Help With Your Business Insurance?
Looking to make a business insurance claim?
Worried that your commercial insurance claim settlement is too low?
Insurance company rejecting your claim?
It’s time to appoint a loss assessor who will:
- Check and validate cover
- Liaise directly with your accountant to assess loss of revenue as calculated by the policy
- Assess each claim’s chances for success
- Arrange an alternative trading site or system of outsourcing, if viable
- Organise an interim payment based on turnover and gross profit
- Organise emergency repairs to commercial property
- Secure your business premises
- Provide a fully quantified contents, stock and fixtures and fittings claim
When you first notify your claim to your insurers, you expect them to handle your claim efficiently and quickly. You have paid the premium and now you expect a good service at the point of claim You also expect the...
These are a few photos from a fire in Sussex. I am managing their insurance claim, helping them make sense of the devastation they encountered and making sure that the insurers play ball! Mr left the home and put the...
I started in the insurance industry post university and gained an invaluable basic training in insurance claims at Eagle Star (yes a name from the past!). Part of the training was how the policy can be interpreted to provide cover....
- A totally Professional, efficient and polite service. I was kept informed every step of the way and concluded with a very satisfactory settlement. I would definitely recommend Insurance Claims Solutions and will definitely be using them again should ... Read More
- We had an extensive leak from old piping in the cement floor of our utility room. We called our insurance company straight away who told us to get the leak stopped and then they would assess the damage from there. Because we didn’t have any experi... Read More
- I used Paul Edmonds to deal with a major water leak in my basement. He was extremely helpful and professional and guided me throughout the whole process. I couldn't fault the service I received. I highly recommend Paul and his team.
- Ross from ICS was an angel in a situation that was hairy and difficult with lots of complications. He was a great advisor, quick, and helpful. I added him to my Christmas card list because he made a bad few months for me a lot less stressful than t... Read More
- Paul Edmonds dealt with a sizeable insurance claim following a major water leak. We found him to be absolutely excellent!! He was friendly, helpful, supportive and professional. He took the stress out of the situation completely. Couldn't recomm... Read More
Frequently Asked Questions
Commercial insurance policies cover a business from insured damage. They can also cover commercial properties or the interruption of your regular business activities.
Different commercial insurance policies will cover different things. However, a good business insurance plan will cover public liability, employers' liability, professional indemnity costs, business legal expenses, commercial property damage, damage to goods in transit, and periods of business interruption.
The first step if to determine exactly what damages you are claiming for and what the causes were. Insurers will hold you to your initial account so it’s important to be thorough, accurate and truthful.