Recent extreme weather has increased the flood risk for many areas. Whether the water damage to your home comes from a burst pipe, an overflowing river or a leaking roof, the correct management of the drying and repair process is essential.
In the past few years, flooding has highlighted the need to understand the effects flood damage has on buildings and contents. For example, the majority of the water flowing into homes is contaminated, requiring specialist cleaning and drying prior to remedial works. ICS are experts in presenting, handling and winning water damage claims. If you have a flood damage insurance claim that you require help with, please speak with one of our team.
How Does A Loss Assessor Help With A Flood Insurance Claim?
When making a flood insurance claim, the insurance company’s desire to return policyholders to their own homes quickly can cause long-term damage to the fabric of the property if it is not handled correctly. Another common flood insurance complaint is that contents which have been restored by insurers are not in the condition they were prior to the flood.
Many people struggle with how to make an insurance claim as they often have to do so while in the middle of a crisis. After dealing with water leaks and damaged property, making a water damage insurance claim and dealing with insurance adjusters can seem very daunting. Let ICS take over the insurance claim process. We understand the intricacies of different flood cover plans and will contact your insurance company and file a professionally prepared claim for you.
It is essential to obtain the help of loss assessors who understand the problems that the escape of water can cause. As loss assessors, we work for you and strive to achieve the best settlement for your insurance claim. British insurers routinely appoint a loss adjuster, whose job is to attain flood damage claims settlements in favour of those insurers. We're experienced with all types of home insurance claims and know how to navigate the intricacies of the insurance industry. Unlike your insurer's loss adjuster, we only work for you!
Looking For Help With Your Flood Insurance Claim?
Insurance Claim Solutions has the expertise and knowledge to handle your flood insurance claims from start to finish, minimising the stress for you, the policyholder. As loss assessors we have the capacity to organise the following on your behalf:
- Guide your through the entire water damage insurance claim process.
- Arrange specialist cleaning and stripping out to aid drying.
- Make an accurate and in-depth inventory of the flood damage.
- Take action to avoid any further damage occurring to your home contents.
- Arrange alternative accommodation through insurance approved letting agents.
- Secure an interim payment to cover the cost of lost contents.
- Navigate the complexities of the government's national FLOOD RE scheme.
- Evaluate the best claim settlement for your circumstances.
When you first notify your claim to your insurers, you expect them to handle your claim efficiently and quickly. You have paid the premium and now you expect a good service at the point of claim You also expect the...
These are a few photos from a fire in Sussex. I am managing their insurance claim, helping them make sense of the devastation they encountered and making sure that the insurers play ball! Mr left the home and put the...
I started in the insurance industry post university and gained an invaluable basic training in insurance claims at Eagle Star (yes a name from the past!). Part of the training was how the policy can be interpreted to provide cover....
- Very happy with the overall service received from Paul and his team at Insurance Claims Solutions. Paul handled our claim and kept us informed throughout, taking away all the stress and hassle of dealing with the insurance company. Thank you
- I called Paul and ICS in to help me with my claim for water damage. The whole ground floor was flooded and I was not confident in dealing with Aviva on my own. Aviva had made some significant early mistakes and only through his professionalism and ha... Read More
- I was flooded very badly in 2016 my building insurers were of 2 speeds SLOW AND DEAD SLOW - I needed help and fast! - I contacted ICS and recieved prompt service by Ross Birch who over 10 months of rebuilding our home was Calm, at the end of the phon... Read More
- When disaster struck and our house suffered a flood due to a burst pipe, my insurers were extremely helpful with the initial elements of a claim. It soon become apparent to me that the required effort and scrutiny to make sure I was to be reimbursed ... Read More
- Service provided by Paul while dealing with my insurance was more than satisfactory. Took nearly 6 months to deal with my insurance from December 2019 till August 2020, due to the pandemic it was a hassle to get through to the right people and get it... Read More
Frequently Asked Questions
Once you are sure that you are in no danger, you should start by taking photos of the flood damage, making an itemised list of your home contents, and taking your electricity meter reading. Then, either contact your insurer directly or contact a loss assessor such as ourselves as we will proceed with the claim on your behalf.
Each insurance policy is different, but flood insurance should cover repairing, rebuilding or replacing any part of your home's structure damaged by the flooding.