When your property is damaged by a house fire and smoke, it can have disastrous effects. ICS are aware of the difficulty that a fire damage insurance claim can present. Apart from the physical and emotional distress, fire and smoke can cause structural damage not detectable by a visual inspection.
This means that submitting a fire insurance claim can be a complex and daunting prospect. In order to ensure you receive your full entitlement, it is important to make sure your claim covers the full financial implications of the incident.
How Does A Loss Assessor Help With A Fire Insurance Claim?
It is at the early stages of the fire claim that professional representation can help remove the additional burden placed upon you by your insurance company. When you are submitting a claim against fire and smoke damage (either at a home or a business), it is your responsibility to assess the initial cost of the incident, calculate the cost of replacing lost or damaged items, make the case that your insurance covers these losses and then present the claim and manage your case through to completion. However, most of us do not have the time or the expertise to handle a fire claim. If your insurance company has already appointed a loss adjuster and forensic scientist, then the task can seem overwhelming.
The appointed loss adjuster does not help prepare your fire insurance claim. Loss adjusters wait until you present the fire damage claim to your home insurance provider to explain your full entitlement. This can prejudice your settlement in the long run if your initial claim is weak or fails to account correctly for all the damaged items. This can lead the insurer to refuse to pay to cover the cost of replacement items.
Loss Assessors work differently. We can work with you before you file your house fire insurance claim. It is a good idea for you to have an experienced consultant who knows how to claim on fire insurance claims. We help you assess the true damage to your property and ensure that your claim is managed properly from the outset.
We are experienced in helping our clients claim against fire damage insurance. We take a hands-on approach to work with both commercial and domestic policy holders to assess damage and evaluate the true cost implication of the incident to you.
If you are unsure about how best to present your claim and take full advantage of your insurance coverage- you should appoint a loss assessor to help present the claim on your behalf.
Looking For Help With Your Fire Insurance Claim?
Insurance Claim Solutions are an experienced fire insurance claims loss assessor, experienced with every step of the claims process. Once a loss assessor is appointed, they will use their expertise and capacity to do the following while working on behalf of a claimant:
- Listen to your concerns and worries
- Making your property safe by organising boarding up and emergency repairs
- Arrange alternative accommodation through insurance approved letting agents
- Secure an interim payment for additional costs incurred such as temporary accommodation or the replacement of vital and badly damaged items.
- Make an accurate assessment of the damages for the purposes of contents insurance
- Take charge of the insurance claims process, starting with the first call to your insurance company all the way through to after the insurer has agreed to pay.
- Evaluate the best claim settlement for your circumstances
ICS are experienced loss assessors, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
When you first notify your claim to your insurers, you expect them to handle your claim efficiently and quickly. You have paid the premium and now you expect a good service at the point of claim You also expect the...
These are a few photos from a fire in Sussex. I am managing their insurance claim, helping them make sense of the devastation they encountered and making sure that the insurers play ball! Mr left the home and put the...
I started in the insurance industry post university and gained an invaluable basic training in insurance claims at Eagle Star (yes a name from the past!). Part of the training was how the policy can be interpreted to provide cover....
- I appointed Paul Edmond's to handle a very complex insurance claim that I didn't feel would reach a satisfactory end had I managed it myself. Paul is undoubtedly an insurance claim expert thanks to his years of experience and contacts within the indu... Read More
- I had made a HUGE mistake when I appointed Paul Edmonds to be my Loss Assessor: I waited too long to do it - I should have done it MUCH SOONER. He was nothing but professional throughout, exhibiting patience, perseverance and obtaining an acceptable... Read More
- Very happy with the overall service received from Paul and his team at Insurance Claims Solutions. Paul handled our claim and kept us informed throughout, taking away all the stress and hassle of dealing with the insurance company. Thank you
- I called Paul and ICS in to help me with my claim for water damage. The whole ground floor was flooded and I was not confident in dealing with Aviva on my own. Aviva had made some significant early mistakes and only through his professionalism and ha... Read More
- I was flooded very badly in 2016 my building insurers were of 2 speeds SLOW AND DEAD SLOW - I needed help and fast! - I contacted ICS and recieved prompt service by Ross Birch who over 10 months of rebuilding our home was Calm, at the end of the phon... Read More
Frequently Asked Questions
Each insurance policy is different, but fire damage should be covered under almost all home insurance policies. It should cover repairing, rebuilding or replacing any part of your home's structure damaged by the fire. Fire claims however are the most investigated claims by insurance companies, often by forensic scientists and investigators.
There is no set timeframe for this as each insurance claim is different. Before undertaking any work as a loss assessor on your behalf we will give you an honest estimation of the time we expect your claim to take
Smoke damage is covered by most insurance policies. However, disputes can often occur regarding whether items truly need to be replaced due to smoke damage or whether they can simply be repaired. If you are currently having such a dispute, our loss assessors may be able to help.
Items which are damaged solely as a result of smoke and are not burned are considered to have suffered smoke damage. Smoke damage does not “destroy” objects, but they can be rendered unusable due to discolouration or odour.