Once we have been instructed to manage your insurance claim we can carry out the following:
- Write to you confirming the agreed fee
- Organise emergency cleaning, boarding and security
- Meet with the insurance company representative and/or loss adjuster on your behalf
- Discuss the outline of the claim and other important information with you
- Present a fully quantified claim to your insurers based on your maximum entitlement
- Instruct structural engineers and chartered surveyors as necessary to provide professional advice and specifications of works
- Provide building quotations from our approved contractors
- Negotiate and manage your insurance claim from start to finish
- Offer you the maximum support
- Offer you the best settlement option for your circumstances
By undertaking the above activity, we will be able to provide a personal service for a personal issue. We understand that insurance claims, in particular home insurance claims, can be stressful and emotional to go through and many people do not feel able to do so within the time limit. Let Insurance Claim Solutions handle it for you, taking care of everything from submitting and initial claim, all the way through to the final response. This will allow you to continue with your daily life as much as possible, minimising the need for insurance related stress and worry – even if the insurers are initially rejecting your claim.
Loss Adjusters vs Loss Assessors
Insurance Loss Adjusters
Loss Adjusters act on behalf of an insurance company to investigate large or complex claims. They are regulated by the Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters (CILA) and are bound by their own charter. It is important to understand that whilst it states they are independent, their fee is paid for by the insurance company.
Whereas the loss adjuster will only work with you once, they will most likely work with the insurer multiple times over several years.
What does a Loss Adjuster do?
Typically, a Loss Adjuster will attend the site soon after the claim has been submitted.
It is their role to…
- Investigate the circumstances of the claim.
- Determine the extent of loss.
- Examine what the policy covers.
- Calculate sum insured.
- Examine policy small print and warranties to justify excluding the claim.
They will report important information to the insurance company and aim to advise the insurers of the potential claim cost allowing insurers to set aside money accordingly.
Many Loss Adjusters will have a delegated authority with insurance companies, essentially allowing them to act as if they were the insurer. They can agree claims and issue payments.
Insurance Loss Assessors
Insurance Claim Solutions are independent Loss Assessors. Our job is to ensure you receive maximum entitlement on your insurance policy. We manage all aspects of your claim, negotiating and dealing directly with your insurance company’s Loss Adjuster to ensure you receive the very best settlement possible.
Working with an independent Loss Assessor such as Insurance Claim Solutions allows progress to move swiftly and smoothly, giving you confidence that your claim will be handled correctly, and without error. Employing a professional Loss Assessor to take care of everything for you saves time, stress, and ultimately lets you concentrate on your day to day life.
What does a Loss Assessor do?
The Loss Assessor will also attend the site soon after the claim, to meet you and agree their fee.
It is our role to…
- Make the claim process as simple as possible.
- Help with providing a temporary relocation for you, organising clean up, salvage and presenting a report to the insurers on the damage.
- Negotiate with the insurance company to get you the best insurance settlement
- Deal with claims that have initially been declined by the insurance company, or are experiencing delays in agreeing settlement.
- Full handling of your claim on your behalf.
Even if you have the time to deal with insurers yourself, professional insurance Loss Assessors will have more experience and be able to get the best result for you and your claim.
“Without ICS my house would not have been the same. My insurers refused to pay for a new kitchen but ICS negotiated full replacement. I didn’t have to make a contribution."
When you first notify your claim to your insurers, you expect them to handle your claim efficiently and quickly. You have paid the premium and now you expect a good service at the point of claim You also expect the...
These are a few photos from a fire in Sussex. I am managing their insurance claim, helping them make sense of the devastation they encountered and making sure that the insurers play ball! Mr left the home and put the...
I started in the insurance industry post university and gained an invaluable basic training in insurance claims at Eagle Star (yes a name from the past!). Part of the training was how the policy can be interpreted to provide cover....
- Very happy with the overall service received from Paul and his team at Insurance Claims Solutions. Paul handled our claim and kept us informed throughout, taking away all the stress and hassle of dealing with the insurance company. Thank you
- I called Paul and ICS in to help me with my claim for water damage. The whole ground floor was flooded and I was not confident in dealing with Aviva on my own. Aviva had made some significant early mistakes and only through his professionalism and ha... Read More
- I was flooded very badly in 2016 my building insurers were of 2 speeds SLOW AND DEAD SLOW - I needed help and fast! - I contacted ICS and recieved prompt service by Ross Birch who over 10 months of rebuilding our home was Calm, at the end of the phon... Read More
- When disaster struck and our house suffered a flood due to a burst pipe, my insurers were extremely helpful with the initial elements of a claim. It soon become apparent to me that the required effort and scrutiny to make sure I was to be reimbursed ... Read More
- Service provided by Paul while dealing with my insurance was more than satisfactory. Took nearly 6 months to deal with my insurance from December 2019 till August 2020, due to the pandemic it was a hassle to get through to the right people and get it... Read More