Business interruption insurance claims are known for being complex and time consuming. As a result of this, many business owners end up taking a lower settlement than they are entitled to.
One of the most difficult aspects of making a successful business interruption insurance claim, is demonstrating how your business would have performed had the interruption not taken place. This often involves calling on historical business data, but insurance companies will often question this and use other factors such as the emergence of a new competitor to reduce the amount you can claim on your business interruption insurance. Having detailed accounts can be helpful in proving your potential lost earnings but very few insurance companies will accept these at face value.
Insurance companies and their loss adjusters are known to use the vagaries of policy language and the desperate circumstances of companies trying to claim on their business interruption insurance to reduce the total value of the claim. Therefore, it is important to have a professional claim management service from a qualified business interruption insurance loss assessors like ICS.
Business Interruption Insurance Claims For COVID-19
Many businesses have had difficulty making business interruption insurance claims for Covid-19 due to the extraordinary circumstances that the pandemic has presented. Unfortunately, many companies are not covered by their business interruption insurance for the effects of the pandemic or the ensuing lockdown. However, there are some circumstances where their business interruption insurance may apply. Please contact us for further information on making Covid-19 business interruption insurance claims.
How Does A Loss Assessor Help With A Business Interruption Insurance Claim?
Insurance Claim Solutions have extensive experience with business interruption insurance claims and can handle your entire claim for you. We prepare the business interruption claim, making sure to document all the potential lost revenue accurately and thoroughly in the initial claim report. We then liaise with your insurers on your behalf and represent your insurance claim for you. This means that your business interruption insurance claim is presented by an expert who is already aware of the methods insurers and their loss adjusters typically use to try and reduce a claim’s value. By entrusting your business insurance claim to a professional loss assessor like ICS, you have the best chance of receiving the maximum pay-out possible.
As well as preparing and presenting your report to your insurance company, we can also arrange for an interim payment to help cover your costs during the process. If your business premises has been physically damaged, we have a register of trusted contractors who can carry your emergency repairs. If needed, we can also secure your premises from further damage and prevent it from being vandalised while it is vacant.
Once the initial situation has been dealt with and the lost revenue has been correctly calculated and documented, we will then manage your business interruption insurance claim on your behalf from start to finish. This removes the stress from the insurance claims process and allows you to get back to taking care of your business while we deal with the insurance company and their loss adjusters.
Looking For Help with Your Business Interruption Insurance Claim?
At Insurance Claim Solutions, we have the expertise and experience to handle your business interruption insurance claim from start to finish, minimising the effort for you, the policyholder, and allowing you to get back to the day-to-day tasks of running your business. As professional loss assessors, we can perform the following tasks on your behalf, removing the stress from the entire business interruption insurance claims process.
- Arrange specialist repairs and cleaning to deal with the immediate effects of any damage to your premises.
- Make an accurate and in-depth account of all the potential lost revenue.
- Secure an interim payment to help cover the initial costs.
- Prepare and present your claim to your insurance company.
- Negotiate with the insurers and their loss assessors to defend your insurance claim.
Keep you informed throughout the entire business interruption insurance claim process.
When you first notify your claim to your insurers, you expect them to handle your claim efficiently and quickly. You have paid the premium and now you expect a good service at the point of claim You also expect the...
These are a few photos from a fire in Sussex. I am managing their insurance claim, helping them make sense of the devastation they encountered and making sure that the insurers play ball! Mr left the home and put the...
I started in the insurance industry post university and gained an invaluable basic training in insurance claims at Eagle Star (yes a name from the past!). Part of the training was how the policy can be interpreted to provide cover....
- I appointed Paul Edmond's to handle a very complex insurance claim that I didn't feel would reach a satisfactory end had I managed it myself. Paul is undoubtedly an insurance claim expert thanks to his years of experience and contacts within the indu... Read More
- I had made a HUGE mistake when I appointed Paul Edmonds to be my Loss Assessor: I waited too long to do it - I should have done it MUCH SOONER. He was nothing but professional throughout, exhibiting patience, perseverance and obtaining an acceptable... Read More
- Very happy with the overall service received from Paul and his team at Insurance Claims Solutions. Paul handled our claim and kept us informed throughout, taking away all the stress and hassle of dealing with the insurance company. Thank you
- I called Paul and ICS in to help me with my claim for water damage. The whole ground floor was flooded and I was not confident in dealing with Aviva on my own. Aviva had made some significant early mistakes and only through his professionalism and ha... Read More
- I was flooded very badly in 2016 my building insurers were of 2 speeds SLOW AND DEAD SLOW - I needed help and fast! - I contacted ICS and recieved prompt service by Ross Birch who over 10 months of rebuilding our home was Calm, at the end of the phon... Read More
Frequently Asked Questions
Business interruption insurance claims are claims for potential lost revenue during a period of interrupted trading. In order to claim for business interruption, you must prove the revenue that you would have received during the period of interruption.
Not all business insurance includes business interruption. Some business insurance is simply for damage to a commercial property. However, if your insurance does cover business interruption, and you can prove the interruption has resulted in lost revenue, you should be able to claim on your business interruption insurance.