A blocked drain, sewer pipe or manhole resulting in water and effluent entering your home or premises requires immediate attention.
This is a serious home emergency and the damage caused can be substantial. Often, an emergency contractor will provide a quote for you to send to your insurers confirming the cost and possible damage.
How Does A Loss Assessor Help With A Drainage Claim?
In England and Wales, insurers are increasingly worried about the level of drainage claims and are employing specialist companies to review the quotes, and decline drainage cover, often citing the damage as being a result of wear and tear. They are also starting to phase out insurance cover to drains and sewers. This is leading to many claimants receiving payouts that do not even cover the cost of the damages.
With plumbing and drainage cover, burst pipes and water damage, as with all forms of emergency home insurance claims, you should use an independent loss assessor to help present your claim within the time limit. Using an independent loss assessor ensures peace of mind as you know that your claim is being handled by experts who can offer dedicated drain insurance claim help. Our team have worked on numerous home emergency cover drainage insurance claims and are familiar with the types of damage that can be caused as well as the true cost of repairs to fix them.
Insurance Claim Solutions are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Looking For Drainage Insurance Claim Help?
You may also be part of a shared drainage run, where multiple properties are all insured separately. We have schemes with approved drainage contractors to manage the claims on their behalf, ensuring the following:
- Accurate documentation of all water damage
- The correct presentation of the drainage claim to the insurance company
- Booking a drainage CCTV survey (if required)
- Organising repair work or boiler service (if required)
- An end to end management of shared drainage claims
- Liaise with insurers and drainage companies on your behalf
When you first notify your claim to your insurers, you expect them to handle your claim efficiently and quickly. You have paid the premium and now you expect a good service at the point of claim You also expect the...
These are a few photos from a fire in Sussex. I am managing their insurance claim, helping them make sense of the devastation they encountered and making sure that the insurers play ball! Mr left the home and put the...
I started in the insurance industry post university and gained an invaluable basic training in insurance claims at Eagle Star (yes a name from the past!). Part of the training was how the policy can be interpreted to provide cover....
- A totally Professional, efficient and polite service. I was kept informed every step of the way and concluded with a very satisfactory settlement. I would definitely recommend Insurance Claims Solutions and will definitely be using them again should ... Read More
- We had an extensive leak from old piping in the cement floor of our utility room. We called our insurance company straight away who told us to get the leak stopped and then they would assess the damage from there. Because we didn’t have any experi... Read More
- I used Paul Edmonds to deal with a major water leak in my basement. He was extremely helpful and professional and guided me throughout the whole process. I couldn't fault the service I received. I highly recommend Paul and his team.
- Ross from ICS was an angel in a situation that was hairy and difficult with lots of complications. He was a great advisor, quick, and helpful. I added him to my Christmas card list because he made a bad few months for me a lot less stressful than t... Read More
- Paul Edmonds dealt with a sizeable insurance claim following a major water leak. We found him to be absolutely excellent!! He was friendly, helpful, supportive and professional. He took the stress out of the situation completely. Couldn't recomm... Read More